Sachs Covered Bridge; Adams County, PA

Sachs Covered Bridge; Adams County, PA
Sachs Covered Bridge; Adams County, PA

Thursday, May 09, 2019

Exhibits of art by young people



One of my favorite types of art exhibits is art created by kids and teenagers, particularly at art museums. I think this is a great way to link art collections with doing art. Other ways are things like drawing lessons, which I often notice at the Walters in Baltimore.

The Madison Museum of Contemporary Art runs Young at Art every two years. I wonder why not more often since many people really enjoy this. None of the staff knew the answer when I asked them, so I'll email the museum.

We were allowed to take photos of the art. One of my favorites was the bear near the bottom left.


The ceramic work below was one of my favorites at this exhibit because of the messages it suggests and the look of it.




Below is a big piece.

I think flowers set around the face are neat. I wonder how long it took the student to become this skilled.




Below is the section facing the sidewalk. The painting on the bottom right is of the Monona Terrace convention center designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and the state capitol.


No comments: